Earth Day is a time to reflect and think about ways we can all lead more sustainable lives. It is the opportunity to take the time to come up with changes we can implement, both big and small, that will help preserve and protect our planet. At Natural Pod, children’s health and the health of our planet are at the forefront of the work we do every day and are how we came to be. The company was born from the idea that all children should have access to healthy and natural learning environments. We are constantly addressing the answers to the following questions and use them as our guide to creating more sustainable spaces in which children can learn, grow, and thrive.
Where did it come from?
- FSC® C012337-certified woods sourced in North America
- Plant dyes, beeswax finish
- Ethically manufactured on Vancouver Island, B.C.
How was it made and who made it?
- Heirloom quality design for longevity
- Solid woods and no plastics
- Soy-based glues and no added urea-formaldehyde
- Supporting local labour
- Flat pack for ease of transport, minimal packaging
- Operations reduces their carbon footprint wherever possible by employing practices such as using recycled paper and energy efficient
What else can it be?
- Less is more-all products serve more than one purpose
- Can be sanded and refinished to increase life span
- 100% recyclable and compostable
As a result, Natural Pod products:
- do not have toxic off-gassing
- are naturally antibacterial
- teach children environmental responsibility from a young age
- have a minimal carbon footprint
- enhance LEED building credits
- are CARB exempt
Not only does Natural Pod furniture provide a healthier space in which children can learn and play, it also becomes a teaching tool telling a story as it answers the questions, “Where does it come from? Who made it? What else can it be?” We are fortunate to be able to share this story with school communities around the world, not just on Earth Day but every day.
Celebrate Earth Day in your local community on Saturday, April 21st, 2017.