Are you looking for a purposeful business that places emphasis on the environment and people? Do you have a work ethic that is centred around taking care of others, our clients and the earth? Do you have great operations experience? We are looking for an Operations Coordinator to work full-time in Cowichan Valley on Vancouver Island to support our growing sustainable furniture manufacturing business.
- You are multi-talented and can multi-task
- You have great written and oral communication skills
- You’re a ‘planner’ and run a tight ship
- You have an eye for detail – your inventory is up to date, your pack slips are accurate, your workshop is clean
- You can handle pressure – when the going gets hot, you know how to keep cool
- You are dynamic and able to adapt when things don’t follow Plan A, B or C
- You are solutions focussed – everyone can come up with a problem or two, you can bring solutions to almost every problem
- You show and take initiative – if something needs attention, you’ll step up
- You have computer skills including Google Apps and CRM tools
- You’re a team player, personable, dependable and safety orientated
Your day in this role might look like this:
- Checking your emails and task list and planning your day and week
- Coordinating with our manufacturing partners – checking that orders are ready to move
- Shifting and moving stock – adding to crates and packing shipments
- Loading crates with inventory with efficiency, accuracy and planning skills
- Checking that orders are complete before booking and shipping orders with our carriers
- Attentive to the details of paperwork – packing slips, shipping and customer documents
- You’ll answer phone calls related to our products, and support customer service and sometimes sales
Ideally, you’d have some skills with your hands:
- Handy with power tools is not a must but certainly an advantage. You’ll be the first point of call when a customer needs help with installation and ideally, you can complete some of our customers installs. You might be required to do local delivery and installs on Vancouver Island or in Vancouver.
About the team you would work with:
- You’ll be working with our Design and manufacturing teams to assemble our products and offer feedback for improvements. You’ll work with a great Operations Team and be a key player in keeping all the elements in our business moving. Your role crosses four areas of focus: Logistics, Administrative, Customer Service; General Management
About Natural Pod
At Natural Pod we make long-lasting, sustainable furniture designed to foster creativity and innovation in learning environments for all ages, full stop. We serve educators and children, as well as create common and collaboration spaces. We offer competitive benefits and health care coverage.
If this sounds like the type of environment and role that you would thrive in, we invite you to apply using the form below.