Are you looking for a purposeful business that places emphasis on the environment and people? Do you have a work ethic that is centred around taking care of others, our clients and the earth?
We are looking for an extraordinary Shipper / Receiver Coordinator.
This dynamic role crosses four areas of focus: Logistics, Administrative, Customer Service & General.
- You are organized, can prioritize and work to tight deadlines.
- You have great communication skills – written and oral.
- You are a ‘planner’ and run a tight ship.
- You have an eye for detail – your inventory is up to date, your pack slips are accurate, your work shop is clean.
- You can keep it cool under pressure.
- You are dynamic and able to adapt when things don’t go to Plan A, B or C.
- You are solutions focussed – everyone can come up with a problem or two. Can you bring two solutions for every problem?
- You show and take initiative – if something needs attention, you’ll step up or bring a solution.
- You are technically savvy (Google suite, CRM & shipping programs, Excel).
- You are a team player, personable, reliable and safety orientated.
- You are responsive – like Morton, you do what you say.
- Relationships are important to you – you care about people. People are your customers.
- You are physically able to lift 45lbs on your own.
- You have a valid drivers licence.
Day to day work will vary but an average day might look like this:
Checking your emails and task list to plan your day and week.
Close liaising with our operational team – checking that orders are ready to move.
Shifting and moving stock – adding to crates or bringing back to the warehouse.
Building and loading crates with inventory – efficiency, accuracy and planning skills.
Booking shipments with carriers.
Checking orders are complete before booking and shipping orders with carriers.
Precision with paperwork – pack slips attached, shipping docs in order, customs docs submitted.
Answering phone calls and emails related to product, customer service and sometimes sales.
Strong ability to use power tools is certainly an advantage. You’ll be the first point of call when a customer needs help with installation and ideally, you can complete some of our customer installs. You will be required to do local delivery and installs on the lower mainland.
If this sounds like you, we invite you to apply using the form below.
In your cover letter, highlight what you’re really good at and why we should talk more about this role.