Kaspar’s blocks are from a fabulous Canadian company, Natural Pod. They’re made of locally sourced wood, with a beeswax finish. (They smell yummy, too.) Kaspar usually builds block towers (and… “libraries”?) while I cook dinner in the evenings. I used to let him watch an episode of Thomas at that time so I could actually get dinner made – he starts to get tired, hungry and thus cranky around 5:30, which can translate to a lot of fussing and not much cooking happening – but that turned into a bad habit, for both of us. So instead of staring at a screen, Kaspar now zens out with his blocks, contentedly honing his fine motor skills (to him it’s just playing), and beaming with pride when I look over the half-divider-wall-thing between our kitchen and living room to admire his creations. Read the full story on parenting.com
Connect on Facebook
Recent Education News
- Back to School Bundle Offer ~ Transform Your Space with Our Most Popular Furniture Items
- Are Questions More Important Than Answers?
- Thinking About Thinking – Education for Sustainability
- We’re Hiring – Sales/Account Managers
- Summer Planning
- Did You Win Our Asymmetric Shelving and Cushion Giveaway?
- Unschooling – Learning Is In The Living